Awards under a civil claim
As a victim of a sexual assault or rape, you may be thinking of bringing a civil claim against the individual who attacked you or, in some circumstances, their employer.
We are experts at dealing with such claims and can provide you with the advice and assistance you need to ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve.
- call: Mike Massen on 0113 224 7804/ 07793812361
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The level of compensation in relation to sexual attacks differs from case to case. The amount recovered will depend upon the extent of any physical or mental injury you sustain as a result of the attack.
At the outset of any claim we cannot, of course, advise you accurately as to how much compensation you may receive. We can, however, promise that we will seek to recover the maximum amount of compensation for you.
Claims against individuals or their employers are based on a more detailed assessment of the effects of the assault on the victim. This differs from the one-size fits all tariff system approach as used by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. This means that awards in civil claims tend to be larger than the CICA awards.
What can you claim?
Part of the compensation awarded will be based upon the impact the incident has had upon you. To make sure that we have a full and thorough overview of the issues arising from the assault we will obtain all your medical records and arrange for an assessment by a Consultant Psychiatrist.
In addition to compensation for the mental trauma and any physical injury we will also look to claim for all or any financial losses resulting from the incident.
Recoverable financial losses can include:
- Lost income as a result of time away from work for recovery and treatment
- The cost of any treatment or therapy you may require
- Any other incidental expenses such as travel, prescription costs, etc
Get the help and advice you need
To get the help you need to bring a claim for compensation, get in touch with us today:
- call Mike Massen on 0113 224 7804. We will listen in complete confidence and give you the best advice regarding the strength of your claim and how much compensation you may be entitled to. We will answer all your questions so that you can decide if you want to proceed with your claim; If you do then we are here for you and we will help you.
- email your contact details with as much information as you want to give us, and we will call or email you; just let us know what works best for you. Email us at email@example.com
Your claim can be dealt with on a No Win-No Fee basis so you don’t have to worry about the costs of bringing a claim.