If you have been made an award by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA), it is possible to return to them at a later date and seek an additional amount by way of a ‘top-up’ on your original award.
The CICA don’t do this simply as a result of a request for more money, but rather you will need to show:
- there has been a deterioration of your condition that was not taken account of in your original award
- that such deterioration is as a direct result of the initial assault (this can include death following an assault), and the change is serious.
This does not allow you to go back simply because you feel that a larger sum should have been paid at the time of the original award; you need medical evidence to support your application. Ideally you also need to make it within two years of the original award. It is possible to have a matter re-opened after this two year period but the longer the time period, the more difficult it becomes to succeed.
If you feel you qualify for having your claim re-opened, then you may wish to obtain clear and confidential help and assistance from us to make sure that you stand the best chance of receiving the award you deserve.
Our experience and knowledge can make the difference between an additional award and a rejection.
- In a recent case we assisted a victim of sexual abuse to have her claim reopened when the original award of a little over £10,000 was increased to over £125,000.00.
- We recently helped the victim of an assault who received £3,750 in 2001 to obtain an increased award of over £80,000.00
To find out how we can help you have your case re-opened get in touch with us today:
- call Mike Massen on 0113 224 7804. We will listen in complete confidence and give you the best advice on your claim, and how much you may be entitled to. We will answer your questions so that you can decide if you wish to proceed with your claim. If you do, we are here for you and can help you.
- email your contact details with as much information as you want to give us and we will call or email you; just let us know what works best for you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your claim can be dealt with on a No Win-No Fee basis so you don’t have to worry about the cost of bringing your claim.
Here to help when you need it most.