Rape and Sexual Assault

If you have been raped or sexually assaulted you may wish to claim compensation for your physical and mental injuries, in which case Cohen Cramer Solicitors are here to help you.

We have the experience, expertise, knowledge and understanding to deal with your claim in a compassionate, effective and efficient manner.

We can help with applications to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority as well as bringing civil claims against your attacker and/or their employer if appropriate.

All claims can be undertaken on a no win no fee basis so that you do not pay our fees if you lose your case.

How can I make my claim?

As a victim and survivor of sexual assault or rape, there are three possible ways of claiming the compensation you deserve.

Application for compensation to the CICA.

You are entitled to claim an award from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). The CICA is a government funded organisation that compensates the victims of violent crime, including rape and sexual assault victims.

See how we can help you make your claim to the CICA

Make a civil claim directly against your attacker.

You can sue the person who attacked you and claim compensation in the same way that you sue someone who has crashed into your car and caused you injuries. The principle is the same; you have suffered injury and loss as a result of their actions and you are entitled to make recovery for the pain, suffering and loss they have caused.

See how we can help you make a civil claim against your attacker direct

Make a civil claim against your attacker’s employer.

In some cases you may be able to bring your claim against your attacker’s employer if it can be shown that there is a link between the employment and the assault, e.g. you were sexually assaulted by a colleague at work or by a doctor during a medical examination.

You can also make a civil claim against an organisation if you were assaulted by someone who had the care of you such as a religious minister, scoutmaster, trainer or sports coach.

See how we can help you make a civil claim against your attacker’s employers

nwnfboxWhatever your options or intentions we can give you the advice and assistance you need. To see how we can help get in touch with us today:

  • call Mike Massen on 0113 224 7804, we will listen in complete confidence and give you the best advice on the strength of your claim, and how much you may be entitled to. We will answer all your questions so that you can decide if you want to proceed with an application to the CICA, or bring a civil claim against your attacker or, if possible, their employer. If you do, we are here for you.
  • email to us your contact details with as much information as you want to give us, and we will call or email you; just let us know what works best for you. Email us at : rasa@cohencramer.co.uk
  • pop your details in the contact box at the top of this page and we will get back to you for a free, confidential chat to see how we can help you.

Your claim can be dealt with on a No Win-No Fee basis so you don’t have to worry about our fees for bringing your claim.

Here to help you when you need it most.